April 15, 2021
Articles, Resources, and Links to Resource Lists for Racism Pandemic
June 13, 2020
- Racism: Further Considerations from Psychological Science by Association for Psychological Science, 6/3/2020. Link: https://www.psychologicalscience.org/publications/observer/obsonline/racism-further-considerations-from-psychological-science.html
- American Psychological Association, Special Issue: Racial Trauma: Theory, Research, and Healing Guest Editors: Lillian Comas-Díaz, Gordon Nagayama Hall, Helen A. Neville, and Anne E. Kazak; 2019, Volume 74 Issue 1. Link: https://psycnet.apa.org/PsycARTICLES/journal/amp/74/1
- American Psychological Association has compiled a list of relevant resources. Link: https://www.apa.org/news/events/my-brothers-keeper
- Comprehensive anti-racism resources designed for white people and white parents to deepen learning and awareness compiled by Sarah Sophie Flicker and Alyssa Klein in May 2020. ly/ANTIRACISMRESOURCES
- How to Raise Anti-Racist Kids Link: https://www.mother.ly/child/how-to-raise-anti-racist-kids
- Racial Stress and Self-Care: Parent Tip Tool from the American Psychological Association. Link: https://www.apa.org/res/parent-resources/racial-stress
- Mental health resources for black people trying to cope right Link: https://mashable.com/article/black-mental-health-resources/
- Presentations and Resources by Dr. Shelly Harrell, PhD. Link: https://www.shellyharrellphd.com/publicationsandpresentations/
- The Case for Emotional Emancipation from the Association of Black Psychologists. Link: http://www.abpsi.org/pdf/TheCaseforEmotionalEmancipation2014.pdf
- Therapy Resource List for People of Color. Link: https://www.talkspace.com/blog/black-lives-matter-resources-people-of-color/
Additional book recommendations:
- Brown, Austin Channing (2018). I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness. Crown Publishing Group.
- Guthrie, R. V. (2004). Even the rat was white: A historical view of psychology (2nd ed.). Pearson Education.
- Saad, Layla (2020). Me and White Supremacy. Sourcebooks.